About the Company :
Vana Solutions, LLC is an information technology services company headquartered in Beavercreek, Ohio. Vana Solutions delivers technical solutions supporting complex organizational objectives while solving business-driven challenges.
Position Summary :
We are looking for a Data Analyst / Modeler to support the Air Force client. The Data Modeler will design and build relational databases for data storage or processing. Develops strategies for operational and reporting database implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery. Builds relational data models from the current customer Data Repository (ADR) and defines the structure, relationships, attributes and nomenclature of data elements. May evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration. This person will be working with the Functionals within customer personnel to assist in the migration of the legacy DB to modernization along with supporting the on-going enterprise and customer “To Be” processes.
FLSA & Employment Status:
3+ years; DoDAF (DIV-1, DIV-2, DIV-3 view) experience is required.
Minimum Requirements :
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Creating data models that promote streamlined data collection and enhanced data quality standards.
- Data modeler will have to work with the Air Force process owners, comprising of stakeholders and analysts, and information technologists to understand data requirements.
- Documenting legacy data systems via reverse-engineering using tools like Erwin.
- Create conceptual data model to identify key business entities and visualize their relationships.
- Create detailed logical models identifying all the entities, attributes and their relationships along with the characteristics associated with each of those.
- Convert logical models to physical models for the databases in use and provide DDLs to the implementation teams.
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that will help establish, modify and maintain a data model.
- Create a taxonomy/data dictionary to communicate data requirements that are important to business stakeholders.
- Facilitate resolution of model conflicts created by competing business requirements.
- Eliciting information and functional requirements from product owners and business sponsors through oral and written communication.
- Partition data models into landing, integration, data mart, and reporting layers. Support review and adoption of data models in collaboration with global businesses, architecture and delivery teams.
- Requires 3 plus years of related experience.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent teamwork and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or collaborative.
- DoDAF (DIV-1, DIV-2, DIV-3 view) experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM related field (e.g. Information Technology, Information Science, etc.).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active Secret Clearance or NAC.