About the Company :
Vana Solutions, LLC is an information technology services company headquartered in Beavercreek, Ohio. Vana Solutions delivers technical solutions supporting complex organizational objectives while solving business-driven challenges.
Position Summary :
Vana Solutions is seeking an experienced Scrum Master. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility is to support Scrum team(s) throughout entire project lifecycle which includes ensuring Scrum theory and practice is understood and adhered to by the team.
- Guide teams to maximize delivery of value and establish a healthy team rhythm.
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies, assist with internal and external communication, and foster transparency.
- Assess Scrum maturity of team and coach to reach higher levels of maturity that is sustainable for the organization.
- Develop sprint maps to facilitate effective coordination with other Scrum teams, and/or operational teams and to monitor delivery of key features. Consult with the Product Owner to ensure priorities and with Delivery Team to account for technical dependence.
- Proactively serve the project team by helping to identify, track and remove impediments.
- Partner with other leaders to prevent recurring impediments.
- Create and maintain project artifacts in support of client requests and Vana process requirements including but not limited to project KPIs, Jira project, meeting notes, and SharePoint artifacts.
- Ensure the Team is accountable for the commitments they have made.
- Help increase efficiency of team, motivate team members, and promote changes to ensure quality while delivering the highest value to the client.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Assist Vana’s Agile Practice Office define and implement processes, tools, presentations, marketing collateral and training materials.
- Help champion the agile framework within the organization and ensure consistent standards across Scrum teams.
- Actively promote agile principles within organization.
FLSA & Employment Status:
Exempt – Full-TIme
3+ years of Scrum project experience; 1-2+ year(s) in Scrum Master role (see details below)
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Business, or related field.
- 3+ years of Scrum project experience.
- 1+ year in Scrum Master role for software development team diligently practicing Scrum.
- Excellent servant/leader skills in facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Professionalism and an ability to manage challenging situations in a manner that is conducive to finding resolution.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to plan and organize in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Mature, with excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, team player, positive attitude and enthusiastic.
- Facilitation skills (e.g. facilitating diverse groups to a decision or consensus).
- Ability and desire to train as and serve as Business Analyst.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Active security clearance.
- 2+ year in Scrum Master role for software development team diligently practicing Scrum.
- Scrum certification(s).
- Agile business analysis and/or quality assurance experience.
- Experience with User Stories, Story Mapping, Sprint Mapping, Continuous Testing.
- Experience with Jira, OneNote, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: Kanban, TDD, etc.
- Presentation and teaching skills.
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.